Effective Date: December 20, 2015
Revised: October 31, 2019
The Form provides users with various services, including an online platform that enables users to (1) comparison shop new and/or used vehicle pricing based on style, segment, brand, payment amount or other configurations determined by Detroit Trading in its sole discretion; (2) fill out online quote forms to ask dealers and/or authorized brand representatives questions, receive pricing information, learn about available manufacturer incentives, estimate the trade-in value of a vehicle and/or be placed in contact with an original equipment manufacturer, local vehicle dealer and/or seller; and (3) learn more about pricing on new and/or used vehicle inventory through a toll free telephone number (the “Services”). By using the Form or by providing personal information to us, you agree to the terms set forth below (the “Terms”). We respect your privacy when you use our Form.
This policy does not cover the practices of companies that Detroit Trading does not own or control, or to people that Detroit Trading does not employ or manage, or to information collected by means other than those provided on this Form.
Information Detroit Trading Collects About You
The services that Detroit Trading offers on this Form are intended to be used by residents of the fifty (50) United States who are of the legal age to purchase and operate a motor vehicle in their state of residence. The information that these persons provide is stored on secure servers located in the United States.
Detroit Trading may collect the following information from you when you use the services on this Form:
- The Personal Information that You Provide. Detroit Trading collects Personal Information
from you when you:
- Use Our Quote Form to Request Additional Information. When you use our Quote Form to request additional information regarding the purchase of a motor vehicle, we ask for Personal Information such as your first and last name, home mailing address (including street number, street name, city, state and zip code) email address, phone number and that make/model/year/trim of any vehicles that you select.
- Use Our Toll Free Number to Contact Us. When you call us, we, Detroit Trading, or an authorized service partner acting on our behalf, may request and collect additional Personal Information to learn more about you, your needs and, if you expressly consent to further contact, we will place you in contact with up to five (5) automotive dealers and/or partner affiliates who will contact you about your request. We, or an authorized service partner acting on our behalf, may also collect non-personal information about the call, such as call duration and call disposition.
- Analytical Information. Detroit Trading uses automated methods to collect and aggregate
information regarding general use of this Form. This is collected and stored in the form of user analytics,
and is used to help us improve user experience and the relevance of content that we provide and deliver.
This analytical information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address and the type of browser and operating system used.
- The date and time you accessed the Form and the pages you visited.
- Whether or not you linked from or to another website.
- Whether or not you open any email generated from the Form, and if so, the links that you click within the email.
- Your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
- Cookies, Local Shared Objects, Web Beacons and other Data Technologies. Detroit Trading
automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. This information may
include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server and stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser and/or storing information or settings in your browser.
- Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects are used to store your preferences or display content based on what you have viewed on other websites. They are sometimes known as “Flash Cookies”, and are used to personalize your viewing experience.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons link web pages to web servers and their cookies.
- Data Technologies. Any other technology that may be developed to track and analyze online browsing patterns and provide more customized browsing experiences on the Form.
- Publicly Posted Information. Detroit Trading may collect information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality. This information is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
- Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine Personal Information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about vehicle history, your interests and activities, additional demographic data, your use of the Form, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources, and may be used to verify the accuracy of the data that you submit and/or provide us and our partners with additional insight about your preferences and the nature of your online request.
How Detroit Trading Uses the Personal Information It Collects
Detroit Trading may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To Provide You with the Products or Services You Requested. We share the Personal Information that you provide to vehicle dealers, sellers and/or original equipment manufacturers, related service providers and their representatives and/or affiliates so that they can follow up with you about the nature of your request. We do this in return for compensation or otherwise. We may also follow up with a phone call and/or email communication from an authorized representative or partner representative to request and/or share additional information about your request. These entities may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about your request in accordance to their respective privacy policies.
- For Everyday Business. Detroit Trading and/or the entities with whom we share your information may contact you for everyday business purposes, include providing you with information about similar products or offers to the one that you inquired about, as well as managing your user account (if any), diagnosing technical issues, improving financial performance, improving user experience and evaluating our business.
- In Response to Legal Action. Detroit Trading will share your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To Prevent Fraud or Illegal Action. Detroit Trading will share your Personal Information when we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Form’s Terms or Use, or as otherwise required by law.
Outside of these circumstances listed above, we do not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information.
Transferability Notice. By providing us with your Personal Information, you expressly consent to the onward transfer of this Personal Information to the parties with whom we share it and understand that your Personal Information will be used in accordance to the terms of the Privacy Policies of the entities with whom we transfer the Personal Information.
If a person or entity bought Detroit Trading or if Detroit Trading is merged with another company or entity, Detroit Trading will transfer your Personal Information to the entity who either acquired or merged with Detroit Trading so that this party could carry on Detroit Trading business functions.
Verification of Vendors and Partners. As noted above, we may share your Personal Information – whether for compensation or otherwise – with various sellers, vendors, suppliers, and advertisers who wish to do business, or attempt to do business with you, so that they can sell you a motor vehicle or products and services related to the purchase and/or ownership of a motor vehicle. While we use good faith efforts to verify that such sellers, original equipment manufacturers, vendors, suppliers, and advertisers promote products and services of interest to Form users, we cannot, and do not, endorse such vendors, suppliers, advertisers, products or services unless we expressly state otherwise.
Your Express Consent. By using the services on this Form, you expressly consent to give to us and to those to whom we provide your information the right to contact you and to attempt to sell to you one or more motor vehicles. Such contact may be made to the number that you provide, whether land line number or mobile phone number, using automated telephone dialing systems, text and/or pre-recorded messages. By submitting a quote form, you expressly consent to these methods of contact and the onward transfer of your consent to the parties who will be contacting you about your request. You also expressly consent to the packaging of your information and transaction of your information – for compensation or otherwise – to a vehicle seller or related party as a sales lead.
Your use of this Form establishes a business or other applicable relationship with us for purposes of CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and all other applicable law that addresses unsolicited commercial communications.
If you wish us to learn more about the data that we collect, opt-out from communications and/or refrain from providing your Personal Information in this manner, please see the opt-out information and contact information provided below.
You might be able to exercise choices regarding such companies using third-party tools. Information about those third-party tools is available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Additionally, most web browsers include a “do not track” setting. There is a lack of certainty among companies on the web about the impact of the setting on the information collected. If you enable that setting, it will not change what information is exchanged with your computer, or how that information is used, when you visit our website(s).
Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-Op Disclaimer
Detroit Trading and its affiliates participates in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across various devices, and to deliver tailored promotions and advertising. Learn more about how our partners at Adobe does this by clicking here.
Detroit Trading uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Data Rights
You have the following rights as related to how we collect and store your Personal Information:
- Right to Request Information Collected and Shared. You have a right to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Request Information Sold. You have a right to request disclosure of an itemized list of the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you, sold about you (including the categories of the third parties to whom the information was sold) or disclosed about you for a business purpose. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Communications. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of receiving communications from us. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information by us to a third party. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Non Discrimination Related to Exercising Your Rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
Methods to Submit a Request:
- Via Email: To exercise any of the aforementioned data rights, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Car Deal Finder – Right to Request”. In the body of your email, please clearly state the right you would like to exercise (e.g. Right to Request Information Collected and Shared, Right to Request Information Sold, Right to Delete, Right to Opt Out from Communications and/or Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold.”
- Via Phone: To exercise any of the aforementioned data rights, please call us toll-free us at +1-833-621-0227 and clearly indicate that you would like to exercise your data rights. You will be asked what right you would like to exercise. Be ready to clearly disclose the data right you would like to exercise, e.g. Right to Request Information Collected and Shared, Right to Request Information Sold, Right to Delete, Right to Opt Out from Communications and/or Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold.
Detroit Trading will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. This compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that may take ten (10) days or longer to process.
NOTE: On a case by case basis and in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and any other state or federal statutes governing the collection and storage of Personal Information, we may continue to keep your Personal Information and any related information to the extent necessary to respond to any request involving your data rights above and/or respond to any governmental or legal proceedings.
Opt-Out Rescission. If you opt out per the process set forth above, but then either (a) provide your Personal Information to us again using the Form, (b) provide your Personal Information to us again using a related Form owned by a Detroit Trading affiliate or parent or (c) under other circumstances permit us to use your Personal Information, then we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
Special Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about Detroit Trading’s privacy practices may contact us at info@dtquoteforms subject line “Detroit Trading – CA Privacy Disclosures”.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
Questions and Suggestions
Detroit Trading Services, LLC
670 S. Old Woodward
Birmingham, MI 48009
NOTICE: click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.